Thursday, March 6, 2014

Highlights of the Week.

Monday we started walking again after being off the previous 10 days because I was sick. It felt great although it's darker now when we leave at 6:30 am. Monday was p-day so we have more missionaries around the office. We love it when they come in, whether for mail, teaching supplies, business, bike problems, or fun! Many times they will meet at the office before a zone p-day activity. It's always a treat to be around this great group of young men and women!

I was booking upcoming travel for the Carter's on Monday afternoon and noticed a 'crick' in my neck on the way home after the day at work.

Tuesday I woke up thinking my pillow was too thick. We walked and I noticed a twinge or two in the left side of my neck, but afterward I showered, dressed and got to the office at 9am as usual. By noon, I could hardly move my head nor hold it up so I didn't go back to the office after lunch. I went straight to bed and had to manually lift my head to turn over or get up or down. Very painful and miserable Tuesday night. Wednesday the pain and stiffness had moved from the left side only to include the right side too...so doubly stiff and hurting. I didn't have a fever or headache so toughed it out at home with an attentive nurse. By Wednesday night the stiffness and pain was mostly on the right side only. I went back to the office on Thursday although I still didn't have my full range of motion until after the weekend. Weird, huh?

After missing so much time out of the office the previous week, I felt guilty being sick again, especially with two pretty wacky complaints. I explained/apologized to President Carter that he could count on me to be at the office if I could and that I wasn't a slacker! He was so kind to take my hand and say, "Sister, I know your heart!" which alleviated my concerns.

I missed the Relief Society activity Thursday night and we came home Friday right after work to crash. Saturday morning we were face timing our family and doing housekeeping, laundry, and grocery shopping as usual. That afternoon we received two Sister missionaries from another mission so we all went to the office to welcome and orient, before sending them off with the sister trainer leaders. We stayed in Saturday night but Lee grabbed Chinese take out and it was disappointing.
March 2nd was fast Sunday. I always LOVE the spirit at testimony meeting and felt inspired to share my testimony of the treasures found in the PREACH MY GOSPEL. It is a fabulous resource for missionaries of course, but also great to use preparing lessons, talks, family home evening or in our personal study. I have come to LOVE and appreciate the book prepared in 2004 for the "Hastening" in our day.

We came home after church and I took a good long nap. 

We invited Sister Salazar to ride with us to the Marion Stake Missionary Fireside that evening. They are held monthly in a rotating location and feature recent converts sharing their testimony or story, President Carter and the stake president as speakers, and usually several special musical numbers. Our own Sister Moss was a soloist and a male missionary quartet featuring Elders Nay, Sexton, Fepuliaii, and Bingham sang one of my favorite hymns, Brightly Beams Our Father's Mercy. BEAUTIFUL! It was a good Sabbath Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment