Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Stephanie's Baptism.

Saturday was Stephanie's baptism, which was totally fabulous! Both of her non member parents and two sisters attended, as well as a few ward members, along with the Bishop. The six missionaries, 4 elders and the two of us, sang a Primary song without accompaniment  for the baptism program and Lee gave the talk on the Holy Ghost.

Elder Dos Santos played the opening and closing hymns with one finger. Have I mentioned that I sure wish my mom had made me practice and that I had been more diligent in learning to play the piano?

The baptismal service was a wonderful meeting and Stephanie felt and looked different after being baptized by Elder Reese. There was a small gathering at her house afterward which we attended, before going back to our flat to finish laundry and packing.

Stephanie was confirmed a member of The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints by Elder Dos Santos on Sunday and she asked Lee to give her son, Tyler, a name and a blessing. Lee and I were invited to bear our testimonies in Sacrament meeting, which ended up being very tearful. I had tears, as did Lee, and Stephanie, along with her friend Liana, whom we taught new member lessons.

We hope to reconnect with Mount Gambier ward members who come to the temple, stake conference, or just for fun in Adelaide over the course of the next 16 months.

Lee said in his baptism talk that if our mission was to end that very day after only two months of service, we would both consider it a great success! That explains how exciting it is to see and feel someone's conversion!

Stephanie, Bishop, Elder Reese, Elder Dos Santos


Elder and Sister Sheffield with Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment