Monday we came back to a completely put together office after a facelift
over the weekend. By re-cabling, they doubled the internet speed which
is very noticeable and appreciated! Elder Hannan gave a devotional
message about the Priesthood and after I sent the weekly questions to
the Missionaries from the President, I went home for the day to write my
talk.
It went well and the day flew by! I worked on the laptop from 10 am until 6:30 pm although I took a small break when two Elders called for haircuts. Lee extended his lunch hour so he would be home when the Elders were here. By the time I finished working on the talk at the dining table, I had a horribly painful stiff neck that I first noticed Sunday. It kept me awake in the night and still bothered into the next couple of days.
Lee met the Carters at the airport at 4:45pm returning home from Alice and Darwin. They had Marion and Marion South Zones specialized training the next day.
We served lunch at the Marion building so I cooked roast beef in the crock pots all day Monday, and shredded it when it was done that night. I worried I there wouldn't be enough meat so took chicken breasts from the freezer and put them in at 7:30 pm. I woke up at 2 am with the neck issue and put the chicken in the fridge until Tues morning. We didn't walk since I could hardly move without yelping.
I put the cooked meats in the crock pot to heat with barbecue sauce Tuesday and came home to check on them mid morning. Lee shopped for fresh rolls and ice cream bars before Sister Hannan and I left at 11:45 for the Marion church building. We had plenty and the missionaries were grateful. We took mail, a missionary replacement phone for Lee, and some reports for President's evening meeting with the stake president.
Wednesday we were late to the office after talking with Shelby and Kacey unexpectedly, which put us behind schedule. It was arrivers training so we had many missionaries in the office, plus Sister Carter had made calls for video and DVD maker help. Elder Lunt and Sister Craig have taken on the project and I am thrilled! They are going to use Lee's Mac to do it since they are both more familiar with that system. We were late again after lunch since we talked to Lindsey and Logan during our break.
None of the regulars came to English class but Ali from Iran showed up. He used to attend but moved 1 hr 20 minutes from Firle. We had fun discussing LEARNING ABOUT COMPUTERS. It's our week for Sister Baker transportation so we went to pick her up at 9:15 pm.
Lee loaded the van with snacks and a cooler for the Carter's before their departure Thursday morning for specialized training in Mildura. They are staying over for a district conference on the weekend and will be driving home Monday. The assistants and sister trainer leaders are also attending specialized training and will be home Sat.
President Carter spoke with the Missionary department Thursday and Adelaide is not getting any more senior missionary office couples. There aren't any other seniors listed at all for Adelaide, although we could possibly get one more MLS couple, other than the Jurgens already scheduled to arrive 10 November. President wants to have a brainstorming meeting when he gets back to discuss staffing/positions/options.
Sammie had her first of three big exams Thursday and was relieved for it to be over. She asked for a Priesthood blessing and prayed beforehand that she would do well. We told her we prayed for her too. She doesn't expect results for her accounting courses exam for two weeks so the waiting begins.
We received a care package with Taco Bell packets, canned diced green chilis, and pink chapstick. Ahhhhhhhh! We are in heaven. Thank You!
It went well and the day flew by! I worked on the laptop from 10 am until 6:30 pm although I took a small break when two Elders called for haircuts. Lee extended his lunch hour so he would be home when the Elders were here. By the time I finished working on the talk at the dining table, I had a horribly painful stiff neck that I first noticed Sunday. It kept me awake in the night and still bothered into the next couple of days.
Lee met the Carters at the airport at 4:45pm returning home from Alice and Darwin. They had Marion and Marion South Zones specialized training the next day.
We served lunch at the Marion building so I cooked roast beef in the crock pots all day Monday, and shredded it when it was done that night. I worried I there wouldn't be enough meat so took chicken breasts from the freezer and put them in at 7:30 pm. I woke up at 2 am with the neck issue and put the chicken in the fridge until Tues morning. We didn't walk since I could hardly move without yelping.
I put the cooked meats in the crock pot to heat with barbecue sauce Tuesday and came home to check on them mid morning. Lee shopped for fresh rolls and ice cream bars before Sister Hannan and I left at 11:45 for the Marion church building. We had plenty and the missionaries were grateful. We took mail, a missionary replacement phone for Lee, and some reports for President's evening meeting with the stake president.
Wednesday we were late to the office after talking with Shelby and Kacey unexpectedly, which put us behind schedule. It was arrivers training so we had many missionaries in the office, plus Sister Carter had made calls for video and DVD maker help. Elder Lunt and Sister Craig have taken on the project and I am thrilled! They are going to use Lee's Mac to do it since they are both more familiar with that system. We were late again after lunch since we talked to Lindsey and Logan during our break.
None of the regulars came to English class but Ali from Iran showed up. He used to attend but moved 1 hr 20 minutes from Firle. We had fun discussing LEARNING ABOUT COMPUTERS. It's our week for Sister Baker transportation so we went to pick her up at 9:15 pm.
Lee loaded the van with snacks and a cooler for the Carter's before their departure Thursday morning for specialized training in Mildura. They are staying over for a district conference on the weekend and will be driving home Monday. The assistants and sister trainer leaders are also attending specialized training and will be home Sat.
President Carter spoke with the Missionary department Thursday and Adelaide is not getting any more senior missionary office couples. There aren't any other seniors listed at all for Adelaide, although we could possibly get one more MLS couple, other than the Jurgens already scheduled to arrive 10 November. President wants to have a brainstorming meeting when he gets back to discuss staffing/positions/options.
Sammie had her first of three big exams Thursday and was relieved for it to be over. She asked for a Priesthood blessing and prayed beforehand that she would do well. We told her we prayed for her too. She doesn't expect results for her accounting courses exam for two weeks so the waiting begins.
We received a care package with Taco Bell packets, canned diced green chilis, and pink chapstick. Ahhhhhhhh! We are in heaven. Thank You!
Friday was beautiful so Lee washed President's car and our van. It was very quiet all day as usual for Friday. Enjoyed the temple that night and tacos with green chilis for dinner when we got home. Yummmmm!
Saturday after FaceTime in the morning we went fabric shopping. Lee loves this, NOT! After that gong show, we went home and tried to nap but the phone rang 3 times. We went to TGIF Fridays out at Marion for early dinner. There was a big footie game between Port Adelaide and Hawthorne in Melbourne that we watched on the big screen in the restaurant. Elder Hannan is a big footie fan so Lee is hoping to understand the footie rules with his help. My chicken fajitas were great but Lee said the ribs were okay but not as quite as tasty as he remembered.
I practiced and timed my talk again Saturday evening.
Lee woke up at 5:00, that's AM!! to watch BYU beat Virginia before church Sunday. It was another beautiful, sunny, warm, sabbath day. The talk went well. Petra was the first speaker and shared impressions and opinions from her perspective as an investigator and new member. I spoke on How Members Can Develop Love For Missionary Work. The speaker after me was a returned sister missionary who served in Melbourne, and Gary Scott closed as the high counselor and concluding speaker. English class was on The Internet and we reviewed Going to the Pharmacy. No Christina and Danny as they were away, but Sammie, Max, and Allen from the Marion ward attended.
The afternoon was restful and sunny and warm. We are ready for the new week!


No comments:
Post a Comment