The past month has passed by quickly and we are counting another
'hump' day of the mission on 8 September, celebrating our 14 month mark. WOW!
Times flies when you are having fun!
The Goodrichs made an
announcement after Monday morning devotional. They really are going to
Alice Springs for the last 2 months of their mission and by the end of
the day I had booked their flight. They actually traveled Friday with
the Carter's, since Carters were headed North for specialized training
with the Alice Springs and then Darwin zones. Goodrichs spent Monday
morning in the office and were available by phone for the rest of the
week as they cleaned and packed for their departure.
Tuesday I went to my hair appointment, and I told the hairdresser that I loved the last cut's length and shape so please duplicate, but let's do a shade lighter on color. Oh.My.Goodness! This may be my shortest haircut EVER and it looks VERY dark to me. What a difference two weeks will make! (I hope!)
The landlord spent most of the day Tuesday fixing the leaking pipes underneath the kitchen sink and dripping faucets in our shower and sink, and fixed some fitting that broke in the spare toilet that just happened to leak for the first time the day he was coming for repairs. At least I won't hear the dripping at night like Chinese water torture that keeps one from sleeping.
Wednesday was 1st Thursday MLC meeting, moved because President Carter was in Melbourne on the first Thursday, so there were lots of zone leaders in the office. Wednesday night Danny was the only one that attended English since Christina had to work. We learned about GOING TO THE PHARMACIST. We finished a little early so Lee could take me home before his 7:00 pm mission presidency meeting. I was asleep before he got home at 10.
We were up and out early Thursday morning and although everything was wet outside, we managed to accomplish our walk route in between showers. It was Firle Zone's specialized training at the adjacent church, and Sisters Goodrich, Baker, Hannan and I served lunch for 30 at 1:30. We had barbecued beef sandwiches, a lovely green salad by Sister Hannan, chips, and ice cream bars for dessert. Everything went great and the missionaries were very appreciative as usual!
I walked home mid morning to check the meat in the crockpot, and as I turned into our driveway, I saw a man walking ahead of me almost to the White's door and then he turned right along the very front of their flat. He didn't see or hear me so I went inside my own flat before calling Elder White and asked if he was expecting anyone to be around. He came right over from the office and checked inside and outside their flat but found nothing. I noticed the unfamiliar car that had been parked out front on the street when I walked into the driveway was gone when we walked back to the office.
I found pooled water under the kitchen sink again while making dinner and Lee called the landlord.
It is hard to believe it's been 13 years since the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center in New York City, but we remember........where we were and what we were doing when we heard the awful news.
Friday Lee took the Goodrichs and Carters to the airport for a 9:55 am flight to Alice Springs.
It was very quiet as per a usual Friday. BYU beat Houston in football at Provo (Thursday Night) so Lee and the kids were happy about that! We took Sister Baker to the temple with us Friday night and the matron asked her to be a temple worker. The senior missionaries will arrange transportation back and forth by assignment.
Sat was a beautiful mild day. We walked to the office to see how the renovations were going. They are replacing interior doors, the computer bench across the back of the office, and fronts to the built in kitchen doors. Everything was a mess....it was hard to believe they could finish it all by the end of the day.
It was fast Sunday since the first Sunday was Father's day in Australia. The spirit was beautifully felt in Sacrament meeting. English class was on GOING TO THE PHARMACY and MEETING YOUR CHILD'S TEACHER and Sammie, Max, Danny, and Christina attended. The assistants showed up to give a spiritual message at the end. Relief Society was the annual visiting teaching conference and was very nicely done, with time for testimonies before closing.
We came home from church and had a lovely rest. During the afternoon I made banana bread for a missionary bday surprise and a pasta salad for the pot luck 'break the fast' invitation at President Yeow's home. I took two loaves of banana bread as well. Christina, Danny, Sammie, Max, Taylor and the assistants attended as well as many others, and Christina was asked to share her conversion story. Afterward the missionaries sang I am a child of God and it was beautiful!
Tuesday I went to my hair appointment, and I told the hairdresser that I loved the last cut's length and shape so please duplicate, but let's do a shade lighter on color. Oh.My.Goodness! This may be my shortest haircut EVER and it looks VERY dark to me. What a difference two weeks will make! (I hope!)
The landlord spent most of the day Tuesday fixing the leaking pipes underneath the kitchen sink and dripping faucets in our shower and sink, and fixed some fitting that broke in the spare toilet that just happened to leak for the first time the day he was coming for repairs. At least I won't hear the dripping at night like Chinese water torture that keeps one from sleeping.
Wednesday was 1st Thursday MLC meeting, moved because President Carter was in Melbourne on the first Thursday, so there were lots of zone leaders in the office. Wednesday night Danny was the only one that attended English since Christina had to work. We learned about GOING TO THE PHARMACIST. We finished a little early so Lee could take me home before his 7:00 pm mission presidency meeting. I was asleep before he got home at 10.
We were up and out early Thursday morning and although everything was wet outside, we managed to accomplish our walk route in between showers. It was Firle Zone's specialized training at the adjacent church, and Sisters Goodrich, Baker, Hannan and I served lunch for 30 at 1:30. We had barbecued beef sandwiches, a lovely green salad by Sister Hannan, chips, and ice cream bars for dessert. Everything went great and the missionaries were very appreciative as usual!
I walked home mid morning to check the meat in the crockpot, and as I turned into our driveway, I saw a man walking ahead of me almost to the White's door and then he turned right along the very front of their flat. He didn't see or hear me so I went inside my own flat before calling Elder White and asked if he was expecting anyone to be around. He came right over from the office and checked inside and outside their flat but found nothing. I noticed the unfamiliar car that had been parked out front on the street when I walked into the driveway was gone when we walked back to the office.
I found pooled water under the kitchen sink again while making dinner and Lee called the landlord.
It is hard to believe it's been 13 years since the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center in New York City, but we remember........where we were and what we were doing when we heard the awful news.
Friday Lee took the Goodrichs and Carters to the airport for a 9:55 am flight to Alice Springs.
It was very quiet as per a usual Friday. BYU beat Houston in football at Provo (Thursday Night) so Lee and the kids were happy about that! We took Sister Baker to the temple with us Friday night and the matron asked her to be a temple worker. The senior missionaries will arrange transportation back and forth by assignment.
Sat was a beautiful mild day. We walked to the office to see how the renovations were going. They are replacing interior doors, the computer bench across the back of the office, and fronts to the built in kitchen doors. Everything was a mess....it was hard to believe they could finish it all by the end of the day.
It was fast Sunday since the first Sunday was Father's day in Australia. The spirit was beautifully felt in Sacrament meeting. English class was on GOING TO THE PHARMACY and MEETING YOUR CHILD'S TEACHER and Sammie, Max, Danny, and Christina attended. The assistants showed up to give a spiritual message at the end. Relief Society was the annual visiting teaching conference and was very nicely done, with time for testimonies before closing.
We came home from church and had a lovely rest. During the afternoon I made banana bread for a missionary bday surprise and a pasta salad for the pot luck 'break the fast' invitation at President Yeow's home. I took two loaves of banana bread as well. Christina, Danny, Sammie, Max, Taylor and the assistants attended as well as many others, and Christina was asked to share her conversion story. Afterward the missionaries sang I am a child of God and it was beautiful!
I
tried sushi, Chinese moon cake, pumpkin soup over rice, and some really
tiny curly noodles. Lee had rice and my pasta chicken salad and then
came home to have an English muffin w peanut butter. It was a good crowd
tonight and it's always fun to be with investigators and new members in
a social situation.
We met an Australian girl,
currently being taught by the sisters, who is going to Bluffdale, Utah
to be baptized by her boyfriend next week. Her family is having
difficulty with the choice to be baptized as they are of the Greek
Orthodox religion even though they don't practice it. She is confident
it will all work out and I couldn't help but admire her example of
courage and faith.


No comments:
Post a Comment