We were invited to Sunday tea with Bec (and extended family) at Phil and
Lisa's home, where we experienced an Australian favorite. It's called Pavlova (I hope I am spelling that correctly).
It has the look of a fruit pizza (of course I didn't think to take a picture so you could drool too).
It has a meringue base, with a whipped cream layer, and sliced bananas, kiwi, and strawberries. Then on the top, was drizzled passion fruit! YUM! Lee liked the dessert but I LOVED IT!
I'd never seen a passion fruit before. It is the size of a kiwi, but has skin like an avocado. The more shriveled the better, or so we were told. You cut the top off, and scrape the orange liquid innards out and it is so tart and good, and the smell is fabulous! (Don't CHEW the little black seeds as they can be bitter, you just swallow them.)
Hopefully we can send a picture soon!
It has a meringue base, with a whipped cream layer, and sliced bananas, kiwi, and strawberries. Then on the top, was drizzled passion fruit! YUM! Lee liked the dessert but I LOVED IT!
I'd never seen a passion fruit before. It is the size of a kiwi, but has skin like an avocado. The more shriveled the better, or so we were told. You cut the top off, and scrape the orange liquid innards out and it is so tart and good, and the smell is fabulous! (Don't CHEW the little black seeds as they can be bitter, you just swallow them.)
Hopefully we can send a picture soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment