This message is to our beautiful grandchildren AND their parents:
As I walked into ward council last Sunday morning the Bishop asked me " Sister, do you play the piano?" in a hugely hopeful tone. I regrettably answered, " No, I'm sorry, I don't."
This same situation has arisen several times in the last 7 weeks at the MTC, and here in Australia both. How I wish my mom had stood firm when I complained about practicing! How I wish I had just practiced and learned a skill and talent that would serve me and the church so well!
So here's the point of the post:
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PARENTS HELP/REQUIRE YOUR KIDS TO PRACTICE THE PIANO!
KIDS KIDS KIDS PLEASE PRACTICE PIANO, EVEN THOUGH YOU DON'T WANT TO!
Neither of you will be sorry for sticking to it, THIS I PROMISE!
As I walked into ward council last Sunday morning the Bishop asked me " Sister, do you play the piano?" in a hugely hopeful tone. I regrettably answered, " No, I'm sorry, I don't."
This same situation has arisen several times in the last 7 weeks at the MTC, and here in Australia both. How I wish my mom had stood firm when I complained about practicing! How I wish I had just practiced and learned a skill and talent that would serve me and the church so well!
So here's the point of the post:
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PARENTS HELP/REQUIRE YOUR KIDS TO PRACTICE THE PIANO!
KIDS KIDS KIDS PLEASE PRACTICE PIANO, EVEN THOUGH YOU DON'T WANT TO!
Neither of you will be sorry for sticking to it, THIS I PROMISE!
What a wonderful way to be able to contribute to the Spirit of a
church meeting by playing hymns of praise to the Savior, no matter where
you live or serve and no matter how old you are.
Love, MIMI
No comments:
Post a Comment