Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The Birds, Part 2.

With the road trip and rainy stormy days last week, today was the first chance we've had to walk again since the bird bombing mentioned in a previous post. FYI, Sunday, Monday and today have been beautiful and dry!

Anyway, I asked Lee to forgo wearing his bright orange walking hat this morning just in case the bird brothers were waiting for us outside the front door. IT DIDN'T HELP!.....as soon as we started down toward the first stairs I heard his "voice" (squawk) and he took his first pass! Lee looked at me in shock and said " I guess he really IS after us!"

The crazy bird dove at us 3-4 more times as we ascended to the street level and by now my heart is pounding! The bird must be territorial because once we are down all the stairs and off of the front of the property, he loses interest. But I'm already worrying about our return route.

So we fooled the dumb birds by walking up an alternate roadway which runs between the lake and the back of our building, and crawled under a locked gate, and then snuck in the back door!! We're safe until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment