Monday was P-day before transfers, so it was hectic and I
really didn't get much done at all. I even forgot to send out President Carter's weekly questions and didn't realize it until Tuesday morning. Lee
had bus and plane travelers to pick up and couldn't be in two places at
once so Elder Goodrich took a van and trailer to get the Whyalla Elders
and bike at the downtown bus station. It was great to see Elder Bennett
again after 2 or 3 transfers "far." Robinvale Elders drove Mildura's car
in since one missionary was "packing" meaning moving to a new area.
Elder Sexton and Flintoft called last week to do haircuts Monday morning so we went home for just over 1 hour mid morning. Lee brought out ice cream bars for the Elders which they loved!
Elder Fepulea'i came by the office to get mail, etc. and asked if I could repair his pants and hem another pair. I could have completed the task that night if I had gray thread, but only had black, brown, or white, but they were totally mended and the hem at least pressed in by the time Lee arrived home. Sister Goodrich picked up thread for me later in the week and it matched perfectly.
Lee pulled into the car park with the last airport load of people coming in from "far" and a trailer of luggage just as the new bikes were arriving Monday night. Host missionaries showed up and then everyone scattered as they went on their way. Lee helped John unload the bikes etc and he got home at 6:40.
I cooked chicken in the crockpot Monday for Tuesdays leaver dinner of chicken noodle soup, and Wednesdays sweet and sour chicken over rice, and I got the onion, carrots, and celery pre chopped. The black and pinto beans were cooked and I browned the mince and onion for taco soup also Monday night while waiting for Lee to get home. Sister Goodrich made dessert and cheddar broccoli soup and Sister White made green salad for the leaver dinner.
Tuesday was transfer meeting, which is spiritually wonderful! Leavers were Sister Ahokava, and Elders Holmes, Rowley, Seve, Matuauto, Woodfield, Taufa, Ngawaka and they all bore their farewell testimonies. Soups were a hit at the leaver dinner that night and even with clean up etc we were home just after 9. Several leavers emotionally thanked the senior missionaries in their testimonies for our love and support, which was gratifying.
Elder Sexton and Flintoft called last week to do haircuts Monday morning so we went home for just over 1 hour mid morning. Lee brought out ice cream bars for the Elders which they loved!
Elder Fepulea'i came by the office to get mail, etc. and asked if I could repair his pants and hem another pair. I could have completed the task that night if I had gray thread, but only had black, brown, or white, but they were totally mended and the hem at least pressed in by the time Lee arrived home. Sister Goodrich picked up thread for me later in the week and it matched perfectly.
Lee pulled into the car park with the last airport load of people coming in from "far" and a trailer of luggage just as the new bikes were arriving Monday night. Host missionaries showed up and then everyone scattered as they went on their way. Lee helped John unload the bikes etc and he got home at 6:40.
I cooked chicken in the crockpot Monday for Tuesdays leaver dinner of chicken noodle soup, and Wednesdays sweet and sour chicken over rice, and I got the onion, carrots, and celery pre chopped. The black and pinto beans were cooked and I browned the mince and onion for taco soup also Monday night while waiting for Lee to get home. Sister Goodrich made dessert and cheddar broccoli soup and Sister White made green salad for the leaver dinner.
Tuesday was transfer meeting, which is spiritually wonderful! Leavers were Sister Ahokava, and Elders Holmes, Rowley, Seve, Matuauto, Woodfield, Taufa, Ngawaka and they all bore their farewell testimonies. Soups were a hit at the leaver dinner that night and even with clean up etc we were home just after 9. Several leavers emotionally thanked the senior missionaries in their testimonies for our love and support, which was gratifying.
Wednesday, a missionary had an early flight out and Lee made two more trips to the airport and the Carter's went out as well to greet arrivers, and I think Elder White took a trip in the other van and trailer also. We oriented the 7 new missionaries in two arrival groups and President was amazing to get all of the interviews completed by 6:30. I made the Betty Crocker sweet and sour sauce recipe x 22 and we had plenty, but I was disappointed that it wasn't thicker and I should have added more chicken. It was very tasty though and Sister Carter will use what was left for another lunch a couple of days later. Lee was pooped and run ragged!
Thursday was the first of the month MLC meeting so we saw missionaries before and after. Whites took the newly opened Berri area missionaries to their flat 3 hours away and got them all set up Thursday. We also opened a new Katherine Elders area this transfer.
The Port Pirie Elders were late to the office Thursday and with heavy morning traffic Lee couldn't get them to the bus station in time to make the 8:30 am bus, but they were able to rebook on the 12:30 bus. Lee drove them back downtown later and all's well that ends well. I made walnut/oatmeal/coconut/craisin cookies while Lee attended the monthly Mission Presidency Meeting that night.
Friday I noticed that new email didn't download on my computer and after more than an hour on the phone with tech support in SLC we thought we were back in business. After lunch and some other work, I tried to access the email and the same thing happened. Grrrrr! By the time we spent another 3 hours on the phone trying this and that, they decided to have me access email via the web until the local tech support can come to upgrade etc on site. Lee and I planned to attend the temple at 5:15 but I soon realized that it wasn't going to happen.
The 3 support people I dealt with on the phone were very nice as well as sympathetic, but remember, it's nearly 17 hours earlier in SLC so when we hung up here it was approximately 3:00 in the morning there. No wonder I kept being passed from one tech to the next tech as their shifts ended. I was just thankful there was tech support to call.
We were weary by the time we arrived at home at 6:30 friday night and looking forward to a restful weekend. Our Saturday was as usual except I attended a stake Relief Society Women at the Well Presentation from 2-3:30. Lee promised to transport two Elders to their dinner appointment 6 km away at 4:30 on too narrow and windy of a road for bikes in the dark. After dropping them off, we tried a Mexican place on the parade for dinner and it was okay but we probably wouldn't go back. I finished hemming the second pair of pants for Elder Fepulea'i once we got home.
It was very light crowd at Sunday meetings since it was a three day weekend with Monday being the Queen's birthday. We discussed Ordering at a Restaurant and
only had Ali and Leo in English class. (We had a ward member cover for
us at Wednesday's class since we were in the middle of arrivers dinner).
We had a Sunday nap, caught up on our scripture reading, and I prepared
for tomorrow's spiritual thought after delivering some homemade cookies
to the Carters for their 35th wedding anniversary.
Sunday
June 8th was our 11 month mark on the mission. President has described it
correctly by saying "the days are long but your mission is short." Kids
at home can cross another month off the chart.
Around the office this week:
3 RM's with Elders Sheffield and White:






No comments:
Post a Comment